Re: FYI: HTTP intermediary conformance

On 6/22/07, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> A while back, I did some testing of HTTP intermediary conformance
> using the Measurement Factory's excellent Co-Advisor tool <http://
> coad.measurement-factory.com/>, with one purpose being to figure out
> what the least common denominator for HTTP conformance on the open
> Internet is.
>
> I've made a writeup available at <http://www.mnot.net/blog/2007/06/20/
> proxy_caching>. For a variety of legal reasons, I can't publish the
> full results, so this is of very limited value. However, it might be
> useful to mine for issues -- especially if we're going to talk about
> deprecating features.

I know that httpd's mod_cache had some issues with max-age that were
only recently fixed up.  2.2.5 (next release) should include the bulk
of the fixes for max-age.  2.0.x had the first usable mod_cache, but
some substantial fixes are only in 2.2.x.

Is it possible for vendors (such as Apache) to get access to these
results?  Or, do you have to pay money in order to see the full
output?  I know that Measurement Factory filed some bugs early on
against mod_cache that I fixed, but I think we resolved most (if not
all) of them.

Thanks.  -- justin