Re: [RFC] HTTP Information Request

On Friday 22 June 2007 13:20, Eric Lawrence wrote:
> In the IE4/IE5 timeframe, Internet Explorer had this feature-- it was
> called the Profile Assistant.
>
> As I understand it, the feature was never very popular.  From a technology
> perspective, I don't think the implementation (HTML attributes) had any
> problems that implementation at the HTTP-level would have resolved.

  Indeed that was very usefull but if i understand it correctly it was also
proprietary. Do you believe that if it was something standard it would also
fail?

  Apart from that, various aspects of the proposal could be used by major
content or advertisement providers since all of them could propose their own
extensions depending on their view of WWW.