Re: If-match clarification

ons 2007-06-20 klockan 11:59 -0400 skrev Cyrus Daboo:

> But what about the case of an etag provided in If-Match against a resource
> that no longer exists? Should the server return 404 or 412?

404 I would say, at least if it's a GET/HEAD.

Errors is not normally subject to If-* conditions. If-* conditions only
applies when the server actually could generate a successful response if
the condition was not there.

For PUT 412 is probably more appropriate there as it's the condition
which prevented the method from being executed, not the fact that the
resource no longer exists.

Regards
Henrik