Re: [RFC] HTTP Timezone - rev4

Just a couple of comments.

There are a proliferation of date/time formats, including ones with TZ
information.

I think there will be more people out there that have to code
implementations for things that have existing code for an RFC2822 style
date/time format than for a POSIX one.  Any particular reason for the
choice of the POSIX format?

The timezone part you have defined containing an offset from UTC + an
optional list of timezone names (how many timezones can one UA be in
anyway?).  The TZ offset is contained in a date field, and the timezone
name seems to duplicate locale information which is also sent in other
headers.

If a server wishes to use the timezone as a parameter to generate
content, then surely it needs a method of ensuring it gets the information?

I.e. do we need a status code like "4xx Date field required" whereby the
server can indicate that it can't generate content without the timezone
information.

in which case why not just use the existing Date header, or expand this
concept to encompass the complete definition of the locale of the user,
not just timezone.

Just my 2c

Adrien