Re: Straw-man charter for http-bis

On 01/06/2007, at 11:04 AM, Robert Sayre wrote:

> I don't understand why the two approaches are mutually exclusive. I
> think the best way to start is by doing exactly what has been done so
> far. I agree with Roy that we shouldn't rule out large scale
> restructuring at some point, but it might be better to let everyone
> look at a few rounds of diffs before any major structural changes are
> made. The issues list is already getting a little big.

Agreed. As I said earlier, we've already talked about rearranging
sections, and maybe rewriting parts of the caching section.

Perhaps we're just talking past each other -- Roy, are you really
talking about a wholesale rewrite, or rearranging parts, or what? If
you gave us an idea of what you want to do, it might help make this
discussion more productive.