Re: Straw-man charter for http-bis -- call for errata/clarifications to 2617

Robert Sayre wrote:

> On 5/31/07, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
>>
>> Robert's draft is orthogonal to a 2617 update; the idea of that is to
>> address the need for MTI security.
>
> My draft is orthogonal to things that are unimplementable, because it
> seeks to document what has actually happened, and why it did. It may

Can somebody please remind me what that draft is? It's not
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sayre-http-hmac-digest-01>, right?

> My feeling is that the current schemes can be updated by documenting
> the internationalization behavior of popular implementations, but
> nothing else is worth doing.

I think that really needs to be done, and if the charter would restrict
changes to RFC2617 to do just that, that might be feasible.

Best regards, Julian