Re: Straw-man charter for http-bis

On 31/05/2007, at 2:47 AM, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> Splitting my previous question into two:
>
> a) Will this WG consider clarifications and revisions to main-line
> HTTP-related RFCs, most notably the security ones?

There's been talk of incorporating parts of others (e.g., authority
for the status code registry) or more prominent references (e.g., to
2145). The big question at this point is whether 2617 will be
directly included in the charter.

> b) Will this WG consider new extensions to HTTP outside the main
> documents?

I think that's an emphatic "no". It can always be re-chartered if
that seems wise down the road.

Cheers,