Re: HTTP 'HASH' Method

sön 2007-05-27 klockan 17:44 +0100 skrev Jamie Lokier:

> I think even Etag can be given there (if it also needed to be
> calculated as the content was produced), but somehow doubt any caches
> would use it.

[context: there == chunked encoding trailer]

Also doubt the server would be able to process conditionals based on
ETag in such cases as you need to process the conditional before sending
the response, and if the server is unable to build an ETag before it
sends the response I don't see how it could implement the conditionals
either..

However, the day I get to care about trailers in a cache I'd probably
support ETag being there. Also I expect all caches supporting trailers
to be able to both serve the header out on hits, and to process
conditionals based on it on hits so I am not that pessimistic about the
use of ETag in trailers.

Regards
Henrik