Re: Final (?) procedural question.

I think this is a reasonable approach. I do have concerns about the
IESG's ability to keep up with registrations in general, but it's not
likely that there will be a flood of new content-codings and
transfer-codings (I hope).

It may be helpful to review the "purpose of content coding defined in
this section" to make sure that it gives complete and accurate guidance
to the IESG.

In particular, I've seen some interest in the definition of
format-specific content- and transfer-codings (for example, one that
allows more efficient transfer of XML, based on the structure of the
body). There isn't any text in 3.5 that disallows non-generic codings;
can this be taken to mean that the IESG shouldn't have any problem with
registering such a coding?

Regards,