RE: Advantages of persistent connections

While it may not be explicitly stated, I think the real latency improvement
is due to #2.  Indirect network health improvement by use of persistent
connections will lead to many things like reduced congestion and therefore
less latency, but from the perspective of the user of a browser, for
example,
it is the avoidance of the re-establishment of connections which contributes
to the reduction of latency.

So, from the server side, the big win is the CPU, memory and system call
reduction
which allows it to scale better.  From the client side, it is the latency
reduction
by not having to do a 3way handshake for every request which makes it a
faster
user experience.

If we are to specifically highlight latency reduction in the draft, I think
it should be described in terms of the connection re-use and 3way handshake
avoidance, not the general network health example.