RE: Comments on section 9.8, TRACE

I would just make a general comment here: it is true that in most cases
it is easy to infer
common sense answers to these questions, e.g. it is common sense not to
check the resource
identified by the Request-URI of a TRACE request. The point is though,
for some reason I still believe
that a good, solid specification should rely less on common sense
answers and more on clearly stated
definitions, descriptions, terms etc. (even if this implies a reasonable
amount of redundancy). I believe
this leads to a rapid and reliable implementation (and that's how you
get a big, ugly, hard-to-read yet
complete ANSI standerd :).

--Catalin