Re: Digest auth and Range and qop=auth-int

John Franks <john@math.nwu.edu> wrote:

  > I think that one way to do this would be to chunk the entire
  > multipart/byteranges response and calculate the MD5 digest while
  > chunking.  The Authentication-Info header could then be put in
  > a trailer of the chunking.
  >
  > Is there any reason not to chunk a multipart/byterange?  Is doing
  > so consistent with the spec?

That's the only approach I could imagine using, short of precomputing
the entire response.  But I wasn't altogether sure it was valid, though
neither can I think of a reason why it is not.  That's why I asked.

I'm in the process of implementing auth-int and it is, to be charitable,
"challenging".  Has anyone else implemented server-side auth-int?  Is
anyone else *planning* to?

Dave Kristol