RE: new cookie draft

On Sat, 22 Mar 1997, Yaron Goland wrote:

> Actually I suggested the exact opposite. If PORT is NULL then the cookie
> may be sent on any port. It is only if a port is specified that there is
> a restriction.

I think perhaps my syntax wasn't clear.  My intent was that three cases
exist:

 a)   PORT attribute not specified, the attribute is NULL

      There are no restrictions

 b)   PORT attribute specified but with no value, the value NULL

      Only the source PORT may receive the cookie

 c)   PORT attribute with a value in which case the value is a comma
      delimited list of valid ports.  (e.g, PORT="80,443")

      Only the listed ports may receive the cookie

I think (a) and (b) are your proposal and I added (c) to allow more
precise control.

Dave