RE: Label header vs PROPFIND depth 1

Let's see:

section 1.3 (terminology):

"variant
A resource may have one, or more than one, representation(s) associated with
it at any given instant. Each of
these representations is termed a 'variant.' Use of the term 'variant' does
not necessarily imply that the resource
is subject to content negotiation."

So any representation you can GET on a URI is a variant of this resource.

> If DeltaV implies that a version is a variant of a version-controlled
> resource then that must be fixed.

I'd turn it around: if you strongly believe that a version should not be
considered a variant of a resource, then at least the label header semantics
must be removed from the spec.