RE: Label header vs PROPFIND depth 1

"Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@greenbytes.de> wrote:

> > What do you mean by the _variants_ of a version-controlled resource?
My
> > understanding is that a variant is an alternate representation of a
> > resource, and that is not the case here.
>
> Yes, it is.

...oh no it isn't   [[ a British vaudeville joke, that probably looses a
lot in translation<g> ]]

> The label header is a variant selector as defined per RFC2616. If this
> wouldn't be the case, including "label" in the "vary" header would be
wrong.

Well I've read the definition of a variant, and a version is certainly not
a variant of a version-controlled resource.   And I've read the definition
of the vary: header and it talks about the cache-ability of the result.
What am I missing?

If DeltaV implies that a version is a variant of a version-controlled
resource then that must be fixed.

Regards,
Tim