RE: Re (2): Re[2]: baselines & namespaces

   From: Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de [mailto:Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de]

   "Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com> wrote:
   >    From: Konstantin Knizhnik [mailto:KKnizhnik@togetherlab.com]
   >
   >    Consider the following situation: we have
   >    version-controlled-directory /x placed under baseline control
   >    and version-controlled-directory /x/y belonging to the
   >    different configuration. Now if we extract baseline (without
   >    subbaselines) from version-controlled-configuration for /x in
   >    some workspace, how we should handle /x/y belonging to the
   >    other configuration and all it's members ?
   >
   > To make this more concrete: let's assume that "some workspace" is
   > /ws/kk, and that /ws/kk/x is under baseline control, and
   > version-controlled configuration associated with /ws/kk/x selects
   > a baseline from the baseline history /repo/bh/8.  Now a new
   > baseline (/repo/bl/22) for /repo/bh/8 is created in some other
   > workspace, and we decide to MERGE /repo/bl/22 into /ws/kk.
   >
   >    Should created version-controlled-resource /x contain binding
   >    to "y"?
   >
   > Yes.  Although it is not a binding "to" y, but rather a binding
   > "named" y.

   If /x/y is the root collection of another configuration it doesn't
   belong to /x and if it also isn't a subbaseline of /x it must not
   be created when /x is extracted in a new workspace.

It is important to distinguish between what the protocol does not
require the server to do, and what it requires the server not to do.
If your server supports baselines but not versioned collections, then
it is not required to create /ws/kk/x/y when /repo/bl/22 is merged
into /ws/kk, but it may do so.  If your server supports baselines
and versioned collectios, then it MUST create /ws/kk/x/y when
/repo/bl/22 is merged into /ws/kk.

   Just as a reminder: In my understanding the BASELINE-CONTROL
   feature can exist without the VERSION-CONTROLLED-COLLECTION
   feature.

That is correct.