Re: [Fwd: My future of HTML position paper]

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor wrote:

> On Wed, 13 May 1998, Dave Raggett wrote:
>
> > In addition to the above, I think its worth considering how to
> > integrate vector graphics (soon to be the subject of a new W3C
> > working group), math (MathML) and mechanisms for synchronising
> > multimedia (SMIL).
>
> Is there something wrong with sticking with the OBJECT element for
> including data such as vector graphics and MathML?  (SMIL sounds
> like a more involved issue. I don't know much about it at the
> momment.)

As was pointed out at the workshop it is frequently inconvenient
to manage multiple files, as a result users would like to be able
to embed the markup for math directly into the same file as the
markup for the rest of the document structure. The same is likely
to apply to simple graphics. It seems to make sense therefore to
address composition of tag sets in a way that maximises the
synergy between them.

Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2984 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)