Re: targetnamespace problem with XSV?

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 18:34:19 +0000
To: "Naomi Dushay" <Naomi@cs.cornell.edu>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hi Naomi,

> The sample doc and schema I'm using are on the web at:
> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/naomi/test/ns/sampleDO.xml
> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/naomi/test/ns/DigitalObject.xsd
> I'm using the top form on at
>         http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv
> I have checked
>         show warnings
>         keep going
>         and text/xml + early MS XSL support (suits vanilla IE5)
> I get these results.
> Problems with the schema-validity of the target
> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/naomi/test/ns/sampleDO.xml:7:2: Invalid
> cvc-complex-type.1.2.4: element {http://DO}:DataStream not allowed here
> (1) in element {http://DO}:DigitalObject, expecting
> ['{None}:DataStream']:
> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/naomi/test/ns/sampleDO.xml:7:2: Invalid
> src-resolve: undeclared element {http://DO}:DataStream
> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/naomi/test/ns/sampleDO.xml:10:2: Invalid
> src-resolve: undeclared element {http://DO}:DataStream

This is very very strange and it must be really frustrating for you. I
try exactly that, and I get no errors at all. Are you sure that you're
reloading the page after submitting the form? Possibly there's some
cache somewhere, either on your local machine or possibly on a proxy
machine that you're using, and you're accessing the result of that
cache rather than the true result of the validation. That's the only
reason I can think of for you getting these errors.

Perhaps you should try downloading XSV and running it locally to get
around the problem?

Jeni Tennison