RE: SOAP intermediary - issue 70 (cont'd)

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:15:16 -0700
To: "Christopher Ferris" <chris.ferris@sun.com>, <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

I don't think we can drop the notion that an intermediary is both a
sender and a receiver:

"A SOAP intermediary is both a SOAP sender and a SOAP receiver,
target-able from with a SOAP message..."

The important thing about an intermediary is that it acts on behalf of
another SOAP node. I think that is stated slightly implicit in terms of
initial sender and ultimate recipient but can live with it.

>"A SOAP intermediary is a SOAP receiver, target-able from with
>a SOAP message, that is neither the intial SOAP sender nor the
>ultimate receiver of that message. It processes a SOAP message
>according to the SOAP processing model. A consequence of
>processing is that the SOAP message is sent further along the
>SOAP message path to the next SOAP node."

Henrik