Re: SOAP intermediary - issue 70 (cont'd)

From: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:34:51 -0400
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
CC: Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com, xml-dist-app@w3.org
I don't think that we have dropped it. True, it is implicitly
rather than explicitly stated. Maybe the following would address
your concerns?

"A SOAP intermediary is both a SOAP receiver and a SOAP sender
that is neither the intial SOAP sender nor the ultimate receiver of
a SOAP message. A SOAP intermediary is target-able from with a SOAP
message by means of the SOAP actor attribute value. A SOAP
intermediary MUST process a SOAP message according to the SOAP
processing model. A consequence of processing is that the SOAP
message is sent further along the SOAP message path to the next SOAP node."

Cheers,

Chris