RE: XP Service URIs

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:33:56 -0800
To: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@akamai.com>
Cc: <rden@loc.gov>, "XML Distributed Applications List" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Ah, I see, you are talking about the request-URI so to speak - I thought
you meant "service" as in "module".

It does make a lot of sense to have a header that knows about the XP (or
SOAP) message path model and can indicate under what conditions to send
the message to whom etc. However, I don't think it should be required as
several protocol bindings (most of the *transfer* protocols like HTTP,
SMTP etc.) have mechanisms for indicating where to send the message.

Henrik