XML protocol comparison

From: Bernhard Dorninger <bernhard.dorninger@scch.at>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 17:13:06 +0200
To: "XML DistApp ML" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Hi

The more I read specs and related material of the "protocols" listed in
Eric's matrix, th more I feel, that heavyweights like BizTalk, eCo, ebXML
should not be mentioned in one go with protocols like XMLRPC, SOAP or WDDX.
The former are far more than just protocols, they provide an integrative
infrastructure for E-commerce. So IMO BizTalk and Co. should not directly be
compared to XMLRPC and Co.,  I think the two "groups of protocols" have been
designed with completely different intentions.

Correct me, if I got it wrong :)

regards
Bernhard

Bernhard Dorninger

Software Competence Center Hagenberg GmbH
Softwarepark Hagenberg, Hauptstraße 99
A-4232 Hagenberg, Austria
Tel.: +43 7236 3343 891
Fax: +43 7236 3343 888