From: Eric Prud'hommeaux [mailto:eric@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2000 1:29 PM
To: Sami Khoury
Cc: XML DistApp ML
Subject: Re: XML protocol comparison

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 12:46:40PM -0700, Sami Khoury wrote:
> Hm, how are "generic" and "app-specific" being defined?  I ask because ICE
> isn't app-specific in any vertical industry sense, nor in any programmatic
> sense.

I suspected my terms weren't the greatest choice, but wanted to get it
out for discussion quickly. Perhaps I should just sequester those that
have "non custom serialization". The defined ICE grammer is used only
for the transport protocol, and not for defining what is in the
payload.

WfXML is now in the generic group.

--
-eric