[DR008] - passing arbitrary content

From: Kevin Mitchell <kevin.mitchell@xmls.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 14:33:39 GMT
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Current wording of DR008
Support passing arbitrary content from third parties (send digitally
signed doc w/o touching data) [other than the mechanisms described under
3.5 Data Representation].
Proposal
I am not sure what this requirement adds on top of DR040. This
requirement appears to describe a possible application of the
functionality described in DR040, not a separate and distinct
requirement.  Therefore, I propose we strike this requirement from the
document.