RE: [DR008] - passing arbitrary content

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 11:03:47 -0800
To: "Noah Mendelsohn" <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>, "Paul Denning" <pauld@mitre.org>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
I certainly like tying it to the protocol binding in case it has to be tied at
all. If I add a reference like "http://www.my.com/..." then there is no tying
at all because the transfer it done completely outside that particular XP
message instance. Of course the link can point to another XP message but that
is then another XP message instance that doesn't say anything about the first
XP message (at least at the XP message level).

  [DR6xx] Arbitrary content (to include binary data) outside the
  XP message shall be accommodated by the protocol binding or in
  a manner completely independent of that XP message.

Henrik