W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > June 2004

Agenda, 17 June 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:53:19 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA203F1BF94@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

[If we can't complete this agenda in 90 minutes, we'll extend up to an
additional half hour.  Sorry for the late notice!  Agenda rearrangements
accepted at start of call.]

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Jun/0028.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Erik Ackerman, Adi Sakala, William Vambenepe, 
      Prasad Yendluri, Jean-Jacques Moreau, Umit Yalcinalp,
      Igor Sedukhin, Dale Moberg, Paul Downey, Hugo Haas

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - June 10 [.1] (corrected)

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0128.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?ED       2004-04-29: Part 1 editors to adopt Jacek's "purpose of the 
                      binding" text, without "interchangeable"
                      endpoints, and using "confidentiality" (or 
                      similar) instead of TLS.
?ED       2004-05-19: Editors to include in the primer an example 
                      that uses MTOM.  (Issue 72) 
?ED       2004-05-19: Editors to make propogation of modules and f&p
                      use the nearing enclosing scope.  (Issue 180)
?ED       2004-05-19: Editors to fix component model to remove 
                      default* properties, use mapping from syntax 
                      instead.  (Issue 182)
?ED       2004-05-20: Editors to incorporate Hugo's full potato 
                      proposal.  (Issue 54)
?ED       2004-05-20: David Orchard to update HTTP binding to 
                      include discussion of how to generate an 
                      accepts header from schema annotations 
                      conformant to the media types extension 
                      document, and to use outputSerialization 
                      based on that information.  
?ED       2004-05-20: Editors to incorporate http:{properties} into 
                      binding.
?ED       2004-05-21: Sanjiva to implement the resolution that 
                      @soapaction not there means no soapaction.  
                      (Issue 1)
?         2004-05-21: Part 2 Editors to add such a statement. 
                      (Issue 191)
?ED       2004-05-21: Part 3 Editors to add a statement to relate 
                      each of the two soap meps to wsdl meps. 
                      (Issue 191)
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to add ednotes to the spec to 
                      indicate areas that had contention.  (Issue 
                      190)
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to remove @separator from HTTP 
                      binding.  (Issue 190)
?         2004-05-21: DaveO to write up a scenario to motivate path
                      creation on a per-operation basis.  (Issue 
                      190)
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to write up that we allow 
                      http:version etc. in the soap binding when 
                      the protocol is http.  (Issue 190) 
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to update part 3 to say that for SOAP 
                      Response MEPs the URI will be generated 
                      following the HTTP binding rules for 
                      generating a URI (for GET).  (Issue 61)
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to update soap binding default rules 
                      to allow use of MTOM. (Issue 184)
DONE [.2] 2004-05-21: Amy to provide wording to go into spec to say 
                      that our bindings only support the identified 
                      MEPs but others can be handled if appropriate 
                      rules are defined elsewhere.  (Issue 155) 
?ED       2004-05-27: Editors to add http:faultSerialization 
                      attribute.
?         2004-05-27: DaveO will write up better description of 
                      this issue (189).
?         2004-06-10: Jacek to review XMLP specs.
?ED       2004-06-10: Editors should correct issues 208, 213, 
                      215, come back to WG if there are any 
                      questions.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0079.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. - August 2-4 (London)
       Logistics [.1], registration [.2].
     - September 14-16 (Toronto) [.3]
     - November (West Coast) volunteers needed
  b. WSDL 2.0 Last Call game plan [.5]
     - 2 hour telcons for next two weeks.  Sorry about Canada Day...

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-08-f2f.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Mar/0064.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004May/0000.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0109.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0108.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Media type description
  - 1st Working Draft Published [.1]
 b. MTOM/XOP
  - Last Call Published [.2]
 c. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.3]
  - More details from Arthur [.4]
  - Interop bake-off
 d. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."
  - Henry's validate-twice write-up [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-media-types-20040608/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0052.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0037.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0019.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - Cross-binding HTTP features (Asir) [.2]
  - Mark N's comments [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0080.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0138.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issues management [.1].  The following issues [.2] need a champion
to put forward a proposal:
  158 ?        Part 3 Design  Setting HTTP headers in the HTTP binding 
  168 ?        Part 1 Design  Which operation 
  197 ?        Part 1 Design  Don't override interface feature
                              requiredness in binding 
  210 ?        Part 1 Design  Refine equivalence algorithm
  211 ?        Part 1 Design  Omit interface message in binding?
  218 Paul?    Part 1 Design  Justify interface faults. 

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0109.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  XML 1.1 issues
  - Issue 174: Tie WSDL conformance to XML conformance? [.1]
  - Issue 175: Is it valid for a XML 1.1 document to import or 
               include a XML 1.0 document (and vice versa)? [.2]
  - Issue 176: Can a WSDL 2.0 XML 1.1 document contain (or 
               reference), a XML Schema 1.0 type description? [.3]
  - Issue 177: Normative dependence on XML Schema 1.0 precludes 
               XML 1.1 [.4]
  - Proposed resolutions [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x174
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x175
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x176
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x177
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0049.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue 212: Explain using bindings across all operations [.1]
  - Mark's proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x212
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0062.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 216: RPC and XML Schema not orthogonal [.1]
  - Mark's proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x216
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0064.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 217: Syntax for multiple styles [.1]
  - Mark's plea at [.2]
  - No new information presented, issue will be closed by chair.
    Allow for minority objection write-ups if necessary.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x217
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0059.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 221: Identify components by URI [.1]
  - Jonathan's proposes closing with no action.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x221

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 222: Name[space] for the intended semantics [.1]
  - Mark's proposal is in the issues list [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x222

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Component model issues
  - Issue 223: Import/include processing model [.1]
  - Issue 224: Formalize component model [.2]
  - Mark's proposal [.3, .4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x223
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x224
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0085.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0094.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue 207: How to mark which elements to optimize [.1]
  - See thread starting at [.2]
  - Jonathan's proposal based on last week's straw polls [.3]
  - Related issue on F&P? [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x207
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0020.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0139.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0042.html
Received on Tuesday, 15 June 2004 18:53:46 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:31 GMT