W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > July 2004

[draft] Agenda, 15 July 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:32:42 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA204406AC7@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

[We'll go for 2 hours again.]

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] @@@
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Adi Sakala, Umit Yalcinalp, Igor Sedukhin, Dale Moberg, 
      David Orchard, Jerry Thrasher, Allen Brookes

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - July 8 [.1]  MarkN OK? 
  - July 15 [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0109.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0258.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?ED       2004-05-19: Editors to include in the primer an example 
                      that uses MTOM.  (Issue 72) 
?ED       2004-05-20: Editors to incorporate Hugo's full potato 
                      proposal.  (Issue 54)
?ED       2004-05-20: David Orchard to update HTTP binding to 
                      include discussion of how to generate an 
                      accepts header from schema annotations 
                      conformant to the media types extension 
                      document, and to use outputSerialization 
                      based on that information.  
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to add ednotes to the spec to 
                      indicate areas that had contention.  (Issue 
                      190)
?ED       2004-05-27: Editors to add http:faultSerialization 
                      attribute.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to incorporate David Booth's clarification
                      in section 8.3 about what required means on MTOM
                      feature.
?ED       2004-07-01: Editors to add cross-references for component
                      properties, per DBooth's example.
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to deal with issue 235, come back to 
                      the WG with issues if any.
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to deal with issue 226, come back to 
                      the WG with issues if any.
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to implement resolution to 177 as 
                      amended.
  (Part 3 component remains.)
?         2004-07-08: Glen to verifiy composition model.
?ED       2004-07-15: People who want to file a minority opinion 
                  should do so by July 22.
?ED       2004-07-15: Editors to change styles from list to set.
?ED       2004-07-15: Editors to make message label property 
                      required and make sure it always has a value.
?ED       2004-07-15: Editors to implement item 4 and 5 from 
                      Roberto's proposal.
?ED       2004-07-15: Editors to incorporate Operation Name proposal v3
?ED       2004-07-15: DBooth to send email to Mark Baker about issue 168
?ED       2004-07-15: Editors to implement
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0047.html (Issue
211)
?ED       2004-07-15: Editors to implement
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0011.html (Issue
236)
?ED       2004-07-15: Hugo to clarify the second part of the proposal
                      (readibility)
?ED       2004-07-15: Paul to research the fault decisions we've taken
?ED       2004-07-15: Editors to implement
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0011.html 
                      except for faults and SOAP binding readability
                      problem. (Issue 237)
?ED       2004-07-15: Roberto to check if feature and property placement
in
                      the infoset representation prose is consistent 
                      with the schema.
?ED       2004-07-15: Editor to include DaveO's wording:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0073.html (Issue
240)
?ED       2004-07-15: Editors to indicate error for AD HTTP binding in 
                      case of conflict. (Issue 241).

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. - August 2-4 (London)
       Logistics [.1], registration [.2].
     - September 14-16 (Toronto) [.3]
     - November (West Coast) 9-11 webMethods Sunnyvale, CA.
  b. XMLP WG response to our comments [.5, .6]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-08-f2f.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Mar/0064.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004May/0000.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Jul/0008.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0036.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0006.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Media type description
  - 1st Working Draft Published [.1]
 b. MTOM/XOP
  - Last Call Published [.2]
 c. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.3]
  - More details from Arthur [.4]
  - Interop bake-off
 d. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."
  - Henry's validate-twice write-up [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-media-types-20040608/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0052.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0037.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0019.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Issues list [.1].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Editorial issues:
    - 226 Cross-binding HTTP features
    - 235 Definition of Fault 
       {Sanjiva questions it}

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  webMethod issues:
  - Issue 229: useOperationWebMethod proposal [.1]
  - DaveO's proposal [.2]
  - Issue 169: Syntax for webMethod - property or attribute? [.3]
  - Proposal [.4]
  - Atom WSDL binding example [.5]

  - Vote on David's proposal (10 min) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x229
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0288.html
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x169
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0060.html
[.5] http://www.pacificspirit.com/blog/2004/07/05/atom_03_wsdl_20
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0157.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue 189: Binding message content to URI [.1]
  - Issue details from DaveO [.2]
    - Omitting content
    - Attributes
    - QNames
  - ATOM WSDL example [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x189
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0061.html
[.3] http://www.pacificspirit.com/blog/2004/07/05/atom_03_wsdl_20

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 168: Which operation [.1]
  - DBooth revived the thread at [.2]
  - What remains of 168?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x168
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0112.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 130: Need async request/response HTTP binding [.1]
  - WG in favor of adding such a MEP, with some expressing a desire
    that this be as lightweight as possible.
  - Revived proposal from DaveO [.2]
  - Sanjiva's alternative [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x130
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0287.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0040.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 237: Editorial issues with Part 3 [.1]
  - Details (Hugo) [.2]
  - All accepted except: 
    + readability proposal [.3]
    + fault decisions [.4]  Looks like chair dropped an AI :-(
  
[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x237
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0011.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0263.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0257.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 238: Consistent placement of <feature> and <property> [.1]
  - Details (Sanjiva) [.2]
  - Roberto to check.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x238
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0267.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Next steps
    - TBD
Received on Friday, 16 July 2004 14:32:37 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:32 GMT