Re: "operation name" .. an alternate proposal

I think it's in fact a little more subtle that this. As you correctly
point out, per the SOAP 1.2 spec, the ultimate receiver should NOT
require the presence of the action parameter. This would still be the
case with Sanjiva's proposal, I think. His proposal (the WSDL) would
instruct the initial SOAP sender to indeed set the action parameter. But
would it decide that it does NOT, the ultimate SOAP receiver would STILL
happily accept and process the incoming SOAP message. So the SOAP 1.2
processing model would still be applied (at least its shape, if not its
intent).

JJ.