W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > October 2003

Agenda, 16 October 2003 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:56:03 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA20170C071@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Oct/0013.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Chair: David Booth
    Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Sandeep Kumar, (fallbacks: Kevin Liu, Sanjiva Weerawarana,
      Youenn Fablet, Erik Ackerman, Igor Sedukhin, Ingo Melzer, 
      Lily Liu, Steve Lind)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Oct 9th telcon [.1].

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Oct/att-0069/WSDesc_
minutes_20031009.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-07-31: Philippe to make a proposal for fixing the 
                      HTTP binding.
?         2003-09-11: Philippe to write a response to Mark Baker
                      proposing a property solution to HTTP verbs 
                      and ask whether this satisfies his request.
?         2003-09-18: Philippe, Marsh to review the QA operational
                      guidelines.
?         2003-09-23: Roberto, Glen: provide a counterproposal to 
                      the current proposal for endpoint references.
?         2003-10-02: Editors to provide drafts for pub review a 
                      couple of days before the Oct 16th telcon.
?         2003-10-09: Jacek to discuss Bijan's action off-line 
                      with Bijan. 
?         2003-10-09: JMarsh to consider adding JeffSch's suggestion 
                      to revisit naming questions later, after 
                      subtantive work is done, to future agenda.
?         2003-10-09: Glen to report on whether Sonic can hold January 
                      f2f.
?         2003-10-09: Bijan to look into message extensibility issues
                      (Appendix E, Jacek's review) wrt RDF data, and 
                      discuss with Jacek.
DONE      2003-10-09: dbooth to sync with JMarsh to make sure RPC 
                      style rules gets added to next week's agenda 
?         2003-10-09: Sanjiva: send email explaining rational for 
                      pattern inference.

 [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Upcoming FTFs
     - November 3-5, Sunnyvale [.1] (Fujitsu)
       Register [.2] before 29 Oct.
     - January, Toronto or Boston
     - March 1-2 or 4-5, Cannes-Mandelieu, France.
  b. Publication
     - Plan to approve drafts for publication today.  Are they ready?
  c. Editor for media-type schema annotation spec.
     - Appointments will be announced next week since Chair is overseas.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/3/05/f2fNovLogistics.htm
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34650/WSADF2F/

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Properties and Features (dormant)
 b. Patterns (dormant)
 c. Attributes
 d. QA & Testing
  - [skip] Response to comments on QA Spec Guidelines [.2]
  - [skip] Implement QA Operational guidelines? [.3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0023.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0074.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Sep/0023.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  - Include cycles (Amy) [.2]

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy
     (Note that [.1] redirects to
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html)
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Oct/0056.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Faults.
  - Fault refs pointing to more than one message [.1]
  - Proposal for faults [.2]; revised proposal [.3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0213.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0250.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Oct/0051.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Patterns.
  - Add new ones? [.1, .2]
  - Problem with fault-replaces-message [.3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0249.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Oct/0055.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Oct/0061.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  RPC-style rules
  - Clearer statement of normativity [.1, .2]
  - Missing rules [.3]
  - Syncing rules with SOAP 1.2 RPC [.4]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Oct/0057.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Oct/0062.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Oct/0058.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Oct/0059.html

====================================================================
[Remaining items awaiting actions or proposals.]
====================================================================
10. Appendix E cleanup [.1]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0136.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Endpoint references
    - Proposal from Arthur/Umit [.1]
    - Awaiting simplified proposal from Roberto/Glen

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2003Sep/att-0071/ws-ref-
present-1.0.zip

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Pattern inference [.1]
    (optional @pattern, optional @messageReference):
  - Tabled decision on optional @pattern to future telcon.
  - Tabled decision on optional @messageReference to a future telcon.
  - Sanjiva proposes dropping redundant {direction} property from 
      the component model [.2]
  - messageReference attribute is optional (inconsistent) [.3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0172.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0210.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0127.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Optional operation/@name [.1]
    Tabled decision to a future telcon. 

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0178.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue #88 [.1] Rename "operation" to "messageExchange" (again!?).
    Deferred while thread is running [.2]

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy#x88
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0024.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
  - Arthur's proposal to unify property URIs and QName URIs. [.2]
    Alternatives include using property markup, or a QNamed 
    attribute.  Awaiting more guidance text on properties and 
    features from Glen.
  - Proposal for advertising QoS features of a Web service in WSDL [.3].
    Awaiting analysis by Jonathan.

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy#x2
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0047.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0020.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue 64 [.1] Operations an HTTP verbs (Mark Baker) [.2, .3, .4]
  - Jacek's synthesis [.5].
  - Awaiting description from Philippe showing how properties or
    extensions can be used to annotate the WSDL with RESTful 
    properties.  Ask Mark for a definitive list of those properties 
    so we can consider how to associate them with property URIs or 
    namespaces.

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy#x64
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0094.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0111.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0095.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Using RDF in WSDL [.1].
    Dependent upon RDF mapping first draft.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0076.html
Received on Tuesday, 14 October 2003 11:56:06 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:27 GMT