RE: Three patterns using the ruleset "Message Triggers Fault"

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:54:47 +0100
To: <alewis@tibco.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

I think "message triggers fault" is a useful rule, especially for asynchronous MEPs.

I also find "Robust" a useful adjective, in particular for one-way message patterns. There are a lot of systems which rely upon the ability to fire-and-forget messages, very few of these use HTTP!

What i have yet to understand is how individual asynchronous messages will be grouped to form more complex MEPs such as async-out-in.

Will the definition of the grouping mechanism be specified in WSDL ?

If not i guess it will be either implicit to the transport, handled in application space or require extensions from one of the 'higher-level choreography/workflow/process languages'.

Paul

--
Paul Sumner Downey
Web Services Integration