programming model for document-style SOAP

From: Christian Hoertnagl <hoe@zurich.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:40:34 +0100
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Greetings,

1st: I enjoy the currently interesting discussion in this group about REST
and whether prior knowledge resides in XML schemas and/or WSDL and all
that ... I'm new to this so this is good stuff.

2nd: Can you please advise me on the following: given one uses
document-style SOAP, what kind of programming model and tools would one
adopt? What are the current best practices?  (I guess use of
document-style SOAP will coincide with asynchronous invocation in many
cases.)

With RPC-style SOAP there are WSDL-to-stub generators and all that; I
guess a document-centric approach requires sg. different and less
"brittle" like perhaps callback handlers for certain (optinal) parts of
SOAP documents. I guess having each and every client/server do all the
document processing purely on the DOM level would not cut it.

Thanks,
Christian