From: Christian Hoertnagl [mailto:hoe@zurich.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 9:02 PM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: programming model for document-style SOAP

Anne, Hao,

I agree with Anne's reply indicating that the choice between RPC or
document-style does not mandate a particular client programming style. The
WSDL spec e.g. specifically says that "This information _may_ be used to
select an appropriate programming model".

However, while I understand that you can do document-style messaging using
normal stubs, I'm also interested in scenarios where the messages have more
variable format (an unknown number of documents, each with optional
attachment, say) than is typical for RPC (three integer parameters, say).
For handling sg. like this an approach with callback handlers (like Hao
seems to indicate as well) seems like an attractive option to me. I'd be
curious to learn more about existing approaches esp. of this kind.

Regards,
Christian