RE: programming model for document-style SOAP

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:47:17 -0800
To: "Assaf Arkin" <arkin@intalio.com>, "Anne Thomas Manes" <anne@manes.net>, <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

> RPC encoding may looked like a good idea at the time, but I think we all know
> how to achieve the same results using XML Schema, so I'm hoping it will go
> away before WSDL 1.2 becomes a recommendation.

SOAP encoding has already been dropped from WS-I Basic Profile 1.0. If it is true that WS-I will be very influential on how actual implementations work, SOAP encoding will practically disappear from the marketplace, regardless of whether SOAP 1.2 removes it or not (but I wish that SOAP 1.2 also drops it).

Ugo