Gateways

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:27:07 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

FYI, Henrik responded to my question about "SOAP gateways".  The thread
is here;

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2002Oct/thread.html#18

Like I said there, it's unfortunate the spec is written to prevent
SOAP-nodes-that-are-gateways from being called intermediaries (or even
"SOAP gateways"), because that necessarily makes the definition of SOAP
intermediaries less useful - certainly a lot less useful than HTTP's use
of the word, which is much more powerful and general.

We can still talk about gateways in the context of the WSA, just not
refer to them as "SOAP intermediaries" (because they aren't), nor
"SOAP gateways" (because SOAP doesn't define that term).