RE: Gateways

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:41:49 -0700
To: "'Mark Baker'" <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

>> Yes, and taking that at the SOAP level, a SOAP node could receive SOAP
>> messages traveling over HTTP and forward them to another SOAP node over
>> SMTP. Is that still a gateway?
>If it terminates the message, yes, I'd say so.

Well, I can probably look at it either way. The first SOAP message
terminates and a new SOAP message is generated to go to the next node. Or
it's the same SOAP message, just going through an intermediary.

P.S. All this reminds me of the particle/wave duality in quantum mechanics,
where it is one or the other depending on how you look at it  :-).