RE: Reducing complexity

We might as well be arguing about the true nature of the Trinity, or the
true heirs of the Prophet, or [pick your favorite bloody religious dispute].
This is not about truth, it's about belief systems.  Let's PLEASE PLEASE
stay away from the "HTTP is an application protocol not a transport
protocol" issue.  Mark, if you want the TAG to slap WSA's wrists about it,
go for it!  [But wear your flamesuit when you do :-) ]

My canonical plea from my side of the co-chair is that we need to focus on
what unites us, not what separates us.  URIs everywhere, and the web method
support in SOAP, and the goal of minimizing the disconnect between "the web"
and "web services" are RESTful things we can all live with.  Of course, we
can't ignore the trout flopping out of the ponds forever, and some things
like "what is the role of SOAP and WSDL in the canonical definition of a web
service" *are* on the table.  But intractable religious disputes are not.