Re: Reducing complexity

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:30:10 -0500
To: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 12:50:03PM -0500, David Orchard wrote:
> wrongo on the complexity.  If soap 1.1 had been followed with using just
> HTTP POST, then the former would have been as simple.  By supporting GET, it
> now makes web service references and interface specification an order of
> magnitude harder as they need the method as well.

That's wrong, but I think I understand why you believe it so.  Correct
me if I'm wrong, but it's because you don't believe that GET and POST
(and all HTTP methods and extension methods), are application methods,
the same as GetLastTradePrice.

Well, whether or not you believe it, they are application methods.
That's a *fact*.

>  Maybe the TAG erred and
> the ws-arch should object?  heh, wouldn't that be fun, not!

No, the TAG did the right thing.

Mark Baker.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.   http://www.markbaker.ca

   Will distribute objects for food