W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > January 2004

MINUTES WebOnt telecon 15/02/2004

From: Jerome Euzenat <Jerome.Euzenat@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:29:57 +0100
Message-Id: <a06001a04bc2d5d96f423@[194.199.20.21]>
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

MINUTES  Teleconference Web Ontology Working Group
Feb 15, 2004, 1200 (East US), 0900 (West US). 1700 (London)

Chair: Guus Schreiber
Scribe: Jérôme Euzenat

1. ADMINISTRIVIA

Role Call

Dan Connolly
Jeff Hefflin
Jim Hendler
Guus Schreiber
Jeremy Carroll
Jerome Euzenat/Jean-Francois Baget
Evan Wallace
Michael Smith
Sandro Hawke
Ian Horrocks
Deborah McGuinness
Sean Bechhofer
Raphael Voltz
Hermann Ter Horst
Charles White
Yasser Alsafadi

Regrets:
See the list for last-minute regrets

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of Dec 18 telecon:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Dec/0095.html
with amendment:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Dec/0101.html

Agenda amendments

Agenda and amendments by Jeremy accepted.

Date for next telecon:
----------------------

Two weeks from now: January 29th.
Charles White scribing.

After recomendation: telecon twice a month or once a month.
Jim will make a proposal next telecon.

2. ACTION ITEM REVIEW

Evan    Send msg 0065 with edits to QA
DONE

Jim Add annotation property to agenda for 15th January
DONE

jjc Propose editorial change theory to map
jjc expand proposal to modify 205 without Full
DONE

Sandro act as team contact for Sean's note
CONTINUED

3. COMMENTS ON PR DOCUMENTS

3.1 Semantics document

Ter Horst: "Proposal to add a sentence to S&AS"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2004Jan/0019.html
connected to:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Dec/0100.html

A group of people must look at this problem:
ACTION: Hermann, Jeremy and Ian to look at this and propose a decision.
ACTION: Hermann to ask Jos De Roo opinion.

Carroll: "Proposed changes to RDF semantics document"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2004Jan/0022.html

Carroll:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2004Jan/0013.html
citing:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Dec/0063.html
and further connected to:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Dec/0100.html

ACTION: Ian to find a better phrasing to adapt/clarify the 
specification if necessary.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2004Jan/0021.html

ACTION: Ian to take a look at this as well.

3.2 Annotation properties

Hendler: "minor bug with S&AS 4.2"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2004Jan/0016.html

Jim proposes a message explaning the specs.
Dan opposes that if this must be clarify, this should go to the specs.

ACTION: Guus will produce a text to add in "Reference" explaining in more
details the use of annotation
Sean will check it.

3.3 Wine ontology

* Forwarded message:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2004Jan/0017.html

ACTION: Sandro to send response to commenter

4. PREPARING FOR REC

4.1 REC request status

Jim Hendler: Members of the WG should ask their AC rep support the 
recommendation!
Dan Connolly: moreover, the companies can participate testimonial 
about how they will use the technology.

ACTION: Jim to sollicit testimonials to members of the working group.

4.2. Editor's draft status

All document editors to report.
See message Hawke ("editor's drafts, going forward")
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Dec/0084.html

Jim: the editors should check the public mailing list for typos in their docs.

ACTION: Sandro proposes format for document references
ACTION: All the editors to send changes to Sandro from the documents 
referenced by the link above (or, if there are too many, send the new 
file to Sandro).
DUE DATE: Friday 23rd January, 2004
Week of January 26th, we will check the links on these documents.
ACTION: Guus to coordinate with RDFCore chairs about that.

4.3 Errata handling process (if time permits)

Partly covered by previous topic.

5. OUTREACH / NEXT PHASE

- outreach activities

- (draft) proposal for next phase SemWeb Activity
http://www.w3.org/2002/11/swv2/Activity#proposal (member-only)

Scribe note for W3C: the copyright notice at the end of this document 
seems inadequate.

- WebOnt slot at TP (March 4-5) is planned to become spot for kick-off
   meeting of Best-Practices WG.

Discussion about the opportunity to launch it there. Some topics that 
can be discussed:
- Context (Jeremy)
- Proofs and justification (Deborah)
Received on Friday, 16 January 2004 08:30:10 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:03 GMT