Annotation properties - a thought

Another email has shown up on our public-comments-list asking about
annotations.  I think part of what is going on here is that
annotations were a relatively late addition to OWL, and thus didn't
get integrated into our documents as much as some other features did.
I would NOT advocate changing documents at this point, but wonder if
someone would like to generate a short discussion of annotation
properties -- what they are for, how they are used, how they can be
used in DL(i.e. can I create a subclass of annotation property and
still be in DL). how they can be used at all (can I make an
annotation property that is an object type in Full)?
   If we were to have such a thing somewhere in our mail archive, or
better or web site, it would be useful for now -- and if/when the
Best Practices WG starts, this could perhaps become part of an OWL FAQ
  Just a thought - would be great if someone would volunteer to do this.
   -JH
p.s. would be useful if someone could answer the message below which
is copied from
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2004Jan/0006.html

--
Professor James Hendler			  http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-277-3388 (Cell)