W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > September 2002

WOWG: agenda Sep 19 telecon

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:10:01 +0200
Message-ID: <3D889749.6000802@swi.psy.uva.nl>
To: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
AGENDA/LOGISTICS
September 19, 2002

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London

Duration: 75-90 minutes

PHONE INFORMATION

To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.
Note: When you join the telecon please state your name

CHAT INFO
Simultaneous IRC Chat
irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
#webont

Chair:  Guus Schreiber
Scribe: Evan Wallace

Tips for scribes (by Dan Connolly):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Aug/0230.html
Example minutes:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0172.html


1) ADMIN (10 min)


1.1 Roll call

Regrets: Hendler (tentative), Miller, Obrst, Buswell, see archives for 
others


1.2 Minutes previous meeting

PROPOSED to accept minutes of the Sept 12 telecon:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0172.html


1.3 Next telecon

- Sep 26, per regular schedule
- Scribe for Sep 26 is solicited
- no telecon on Oct 3


1.4 Upcoming ftf meetings

Bristol ftf4 update (Jeremy):
http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/jjc/webont/webontOct.html

Update on ftf5 (chair, Ian)
- dates: originally both 6-7 Jan and 9-10 Jan were options. In the
tally we only included 9-10 Jan as dates, amongst other because Jim
cannot make it on 6-7. Unless there are compelling reasons to reopen
this, the chairs want to stick to Jan 9-10.
- short discussion on facilities for remote access


2) ACTION review: (10 min)

ACTION: Carroll - update WG on networking for f2f

ACTION: Hendler - Prepare talking points for press release.

ACTION: Schreiber - review guide
ACTION: Thompson - review guide
ACTION: Obrst - review guide.

ACTION: Patel-Schneider -  write up "syntactic" proposal for issue 5.6

ACTION: van Harmelen - send e-mail about foreign properties and issue 5.6

ACTION: Carroll - send e-mail on what is in an onto.

ACTION: Hayes - send e-mail opposing deprecation.

ACTION: Hayes - send e-mail with text to propose the closure of issue 5.3.

ACTION: Schreiber - add classes as instances and literal/data values to
agenda for 19th.

ACTION: Hendler produce test for issue 4.2

ACTION: Guus to update UML document to reflect new Owl Lite

ACTION: Ian Horrocks will look at alternate arrangements for vtc (in
Manchester for F2F5).

ACTION: Mike Dean: will document how he's using RDF statement tags, and
how to solve this. Does his solution satisfy the requirements in the 
requirements document?

ACTION: Frank will come up with some more use cases (ontology merging).

ACTION: Ian to make a suggestion on how to solve this, adding properties
to data values

ACTION: Dan to elaborate his use cases/requirements on this.

ACTION: Pat to create a sketch of an idea, for Issue 5.19 by next Tuesday.

ACTION: Pat to complete first document on embedding  (and Peter and
Pat to discuss this on phone to next telecon). Ian will send comments to
Peter and Pat.


3) ISSUES (45-60 min.)

3.1 ISSUES 2.2 and 2.3
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I2.2-Adding-Properties-to-Other-Instances
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I2.3-Adding-Properties-to-Other-Classes

Proposal by Peter Patel-Schneider to close Issue 2.2 with the same
motivation as Issue 2.3:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0209.html


3.2 ISSUE 5.6 - daml:imports as magic syntax
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.6-daml:imports-as-magic-syntax
Heflin's proposal (Sep 9):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0089.html

- status of debate: main options/decision points
- actions for amended/new resolution


3.3 ISSUE 5.14 - Ontology versioning
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.14-Ontology-versioning
Heflin's proposal (Sep 9):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0090.html

- status of debate: main options/decision points
- actions for amended/new resolution


3.4 ISSUE 5.3 Semantic layering
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.3-Semantic-Layering

- status of the embedding Approach to Layering
- proposed resolution to be posted to list before telecon.


3.5 ISSUE 5.1: Uniform treatment of literal/data values
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.1-Uniform-treatment-of-literal-data-values
See also message by chairs:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0008.html

- state of discussion
- actions to move forward


3.6  ISSUE 5.19: Classes as instances
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.19-Classes-as-instances
See also message by chairs:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0008.html

- state of discussion
- actions to move forward


4) Comments on WDs (10 min, editors)

Summary and short discussion on comments received sofar on the three
WDs.

5) AOB (0-5 min)

-- 
A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam
http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/usr/Schreiber/home.html
Received on Wednesday, 18 September 2002 11:14:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:52 GMT