W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > July 2002

AGENDA: July 11 telecon

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:44:47 +0200
Message-ID: <3D2C566E.5090603@swi.psy.uva.nl>
To: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
AGENDA/LOGISTICS
July 11, 2002

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London

Duration: 60-75 minutes

PHONE INFORMATION

To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.
Note: When you join the telecon please state your name

CHAT INFO
Simultaneous IRC Chat
irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
#webont

Chair: Guus Schreiber
Scribe: please volunteer


1) ADMIN (10 min)


1.1) Roll call

regrets: Dale, Eshelman, Horrocks, McGuinness, de Roo, van Harmelen, 
Wallace


1.2) Minutes June 27 telecon

PROPOSED to accept the following as a true record:

Minutes by Jeremy Carroll
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jul/0003.html:
Amendment: add Evan Wallace to regrets list
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jul/0035.html


1.3) F2f meeting record

Draft meeting record:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jul/0038.html


1.4) Agenda amendments


1.5) Next meeting

- 18 July, per regular schedule.
- scribe volunteer is solicited;


2) ACTION ITEM REVIEW (chair, 10 min)


2.1) Telecon actions

ACTION - Connolly: to arrange direct CVS access for Carroll

ACTION - Welty, Hayes, Hendler, Connolly to review updated requirements WD
DONE

ACTION - Heflin, Carroll, Borden, Volz to review XML Presentation Syntax 
document
DONE by Volz

ACTION - Hendler; Summarize discussion about "Formal Spec" to mailing list
DONE

ACTION - Heflin; e-mail list to indicate imminent publication of reqdoc
DONE


2,2) FTF actions

[For document-related actions, see agenda iten 4]

ACTION DanC to raise an issue wrt rdfs:subclassof and owl:subclassoff

ACTION Connoly to get the OK'd for the OWL URI by the W3C 
webmaster/director;

ACTION Pat will attempt to take abstract syntax, and Peter's MT and the 
mapping into RDF and will write a model theory in the Connolly style 
(i.e. as an extension to RDF MT) and see if he can identify the exact 
issues. Target deadline: three weeks (July 25).

ACTION Mike Smith to edit walkthru, with help of Lynn Stein, Ora 
Lassila, Deb McGuinness. Guus Schreiber to help with examples.
ACTION Guus will generate a structure in which the examples should 
appear by July 11. This will also include one example.

ACTION Evan Wallace and Larry Eshelman: contribute examples

ACTION Evan will writeup a description of a recent OMG meeting that 
concerned UML and OWL, and the process he is running at OMG, and will 
post that to the WG.

ACTION (Deb) write up an issue with respect to the unique names 
assumption requirement

ACTION (Raphael) raise superissue to subsume equivalentTo

ACTION  Jim will work with Mike Dean to see if DAML Validator can become 
OWL validator

ACTION  (all): send to WebOnt mailing list a short description of the 
tools you have available or that you will use to help tools.

ACTION  (Raphael): will make a large ontology available to test readers.


3) ISSUES (20-30 min)


3.1) Issues 4.2, 5.2, 5.15, 5.16

Proposal to CLOSE these four issues, all concerned with OWL Lite:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jul/0045.html


3.2) Issue 3.4 UnambiguousProperty and 4.1 "UniqueProp is bad name"

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I3.4-UnambiguousProperty
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I4.1-UniqueProp-BadName

Main issue: appropriate names for UnambiguousProperty and UniqueProperty.
Suggestions, assignment of issue owners.


3.3) Issues 5.3 & 5.10 (Patel-Schneidr, Connolly)

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.3-Semantic-Layering
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.10-DAML-OIL-semantics-is-too-weak

Discussion/questions about similarities/differences between the tow 
model theories

Model theory by PeterPS
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0082.html

Model theory by DanC
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0208.html


4) DOCUMENTS (editors, 15 min)


4.1) OWL Features synopsis

version 10 Jul:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jul/0040.html

ACTION DebM: in 2.2, 2.2, 3.1, 3.2 use a distinctive font for terms in 
the language and conventional capitalization

ACTION Deb: clarify that owl: is the default, note when names come from RDFS

ACTION DebM to update feature synopsis, restricted cardinality section

ACTION DebM: note ObjectProperty, DatatypeProperty in the note about 
"datatypes TBD

ACTION DebM: update feature synopsis functional->Unique (noting 3.4) and 
isTheOnlyValueFor to owl:UnambiguousProperty (note the spelling of 
owl:UnambiguousProperty.)

ACTION DebM: add Thing to owl-lite description. add Nothing to owl 
(full) description

ACTION DebM to rewrite intro following Ian's comments (motivation should 
include full OWL)


4,2) OWL 1.0 Reference description (Dean et al.)

pre-ftf version:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0124.html

ACTION MikeD: note owl-lite restrictions on cardinality in reference doc

ACTION MikeD: "sameIndividual in text" fix typo.

ACTION Mike Dean to include explanation of class elements and expressions

ACTION MikeD to propose changed title, if deemed necessary

ACTION Dean to update the reference document with OWL URI

ACTION (Mike Dean): use DC attributes in owl.owl

ACTION (Raphael): send MIKeD paragraph suggesting preferred usage for 
owl:Ontology


4.3) OWL 1.0 Abstract syntax (Horrocks, Patel-Schneider)

version 10 Jul:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jul/0031.html

ACTION Horrocks to ensure a section is added to the asbtract syntax doc 
with a mapping from the OWL reference doc names to the (additional) 
names used in abstract syntax (e.g. EquivalentClasses).

ACTION Ian update cardinality naming in formal spec.

ACTION Ian: get IndividualProperty changed in formal spec doc

ACTION Ian: investigate the implications of striking "Class 
descriptions..." text from the document.


5) A.O.B (0-5 min)
Received on Wednesday, 10 July 2002 11:48:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:51 GMT