Re: [css3-conditional] Normativity of media queries

On Thursday 2012-10-25 10:41 +0200, Florian Rivoal wrote:
> Section 3 of css3-mediaqueries, which is normative, contains this sentence:
>
> "The media_query_list production defined below replaces the
> media_list production from CSS2".

Which is a normative change to a non-normative section of CSS2.

> Given that, I don't understand the claim made in css3-conditional that:
>
> "This module replaces and extends the β€˜@media’ rule feature defined
> in [CSS21] section 7.2.1 and incorporates the modifications
> previously made non-normatively by [MEDIAQ] section 1."

Yeah, that's the change to the normative section that's needed, but
it's non-normative.

> Section 1 is indeed non normative, but Section 3 is, so MEDIAQ, as a
> whole, makes that modification normatively, doesn't it?
>
> I propose to replace the sentence above by:
>
> "This module replaces and extends the β€˜@media’ rule feature defined
> in [CSS21] section 7.2.1 and modified by [MEDIAQ] section 3."

-David

--
π„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   𝄂
𝄒   Mozilla                           http://www.mozilla.org/   𝄂