[css3-conditional] Normativity of media queries

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:41:10 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Section 3 of css3-mediaqueries, which is normative, contains this sentence:

"The media_query_list production defined below replaces the media_list
production from CSS2".

Given that, I don't understand the claim made in css3-conditional that:

"This module replaces and extends the ‘@media’ rule feature defined in
[CSS21] section 7.2.1 and incorporates the modifications previously made
non-normatively by [MEDIAQ] section 1."

Section 1 is indeed non normative, but Section 3 is, so MEDIAQ, as a
whole, makes that modification normatively, doesn't it?

I propose to replace the sentence above by:

"This module replaces and extends the ‘@media’ rule feature defined in
[CSS21] section 7.2.1 and modified by [MEDIAQ] section 3."

  - Florian