Re: [css3-fonts][css-variables][css-counter-styles-3][css3-values] Case sensitivity of user-defined identifiers

On 3/10/12 17:24, François REMY wrote:
> |  > Actually, they are both.
> |
> |  Well, right, but there is no problem in my mind with making property
> |  _values_ case-sensitive as needed.
>
> If the property names are case insensitive, the way to reference them
> should be case insensitive, too. Otherwhise, you will get weird
> behaviors...
>
> {
>     a: lower-value;
>     A: UPPER-VALUE;
>     b: use(a);
>     C: use(A);
> }
>
> I think the sanest solution here is to have identifiers be
> ASCII-insensitives.

Why only ASCII? Do we have reason to believe that making them Unicode
case-insensitive (using the "simple" case folding algorithm, not
language-dependent mappings) would be problematic? ISTM that, while less
than perfect, it would be a big step forward from ASCII-only.

JK