Re: [css3-background] box-shadow syntax

From: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 10:42:45 -0700
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Eli Morris-Heft <dai@doublefishstudios.com>

On May 9, 2008, at 10:59 PM, Eli Morris-Heft wrote:

> You can find a quick-and-dirty mockup at http://www.doublefishstudios.com/~dai/boxes.png
>  . I hope this is what everyone else is visualizing... There is no
> example for a non-zero offset + non-zero spread case, because
> Fireworks can't do that without extra effort. It should be pretty
> easy to visualize, though.

Thanks for putting that up. I didn't have further time to even look at
this until today, and I am currently in  a bit of a rush, so I will
put up my own later. It will be essentially the same, except for blur
radius. Yours seems to do something a little different than what I am
used to, and seems to force a certain amount of unblurred shadow to be
shown when there is offset. That doesn't look as natural to my eyes,
and seems to be more limiting. In the PhotoShop/spec way of handling
blur, your way could still be simulated, I think, by using spread.

I will post one later today to show the differences.