Re: [css3-background] box-shadow syntax

From: Eli Morris-Heft <dai@doublefishstudios.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 00:59:33 -0500
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>

fantasai wrote:
> Hi Brad,
>
> I can understand the idea of an inner "glow" analogous to the outer "glow"
> you can get by using zero offsets and a positive blur radius. But I'm
> having trouble understanding what an inner "shadow" (with non-zero offsets)
> would be. Can you explain and maybe post some examples?
>
> Thanks~
>
> ~fantasai

I know you asked for Brad, but I fear for anyone who is awake and in front of a
computer screen at this time who is not also (a) coding or (b) living on the
other side of the planet.

You can find a quick-and-dirty mockup at
http://www.doublefishstudios.com/~dai/boxes.png . I hope this is what everyone
else is visualizing... There is no example for a non-zero offset + non-zero
spread case, because Fireworks can't do that without extra effort. It should be
pretty easy to visualize, though.

Eli Morris-Heft
dai@doublefishstudios.com