CSS Gradients

From: Ernest Cline <ernestcline@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:03:58 -0400
To: "W3C CSS List" <www-style@w3.org>

As I had threatened to do, I've put together a proposal for
adding linear gradients in CSS.  I've uploaded it to
  http://ernestcline.home.mindspring.com/CSS_Gradients.html
and I think I've covered everything that would be relevant to
adding linear gradients for style in a CSS context.

I've left three open issues:

Issue 1: A separate layout layer for gradients or not?
Issue 2: Other types of gradients?
Issue 3: Free rotation of background and foreground gradients?

Altho I have given what I feel the preferable answer should be.
Let me know if you have any questions about the proposal,
or if you think that anything remains unclear or underspecified