Trust, Context, Justification and Quintuples

From: Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:05:09 +0100
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Hi everybody,

we did some brainstorming about trust, context and the justification of
query results and ended up with:
- an extended RDF data model based on quintuples (a triple plus two
additional elements: context and statement ID).
- a trust-oriented query language for this data model
- the concept of justification trees for tracking data provenance and data
lineage.

See: http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/trustcontextjustification/

Our approach is much more data-oriented than the proof-oriented work of
McGuinness and da Silva published at ISWC 2003 [1]. But we think for SemWeb
applications which don't do heavy inferenceing such a approach could be
sufficient.

Is somebody working on similar approaches?
Do you know any other groups working on the topic?

What do you think about extending the RDF model for capturing context?
What do you think about the approach in general?

We are looking forward to any feedback :-)

Regards

Chris Bizer

http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/ueber_uns/team/chris_bizer.htm

[1]