Re: Trust, Context, Justification and Quintuples

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:47:23 +0000
To: "Chris Bizer" <chris@bizer.de>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

It has been a while, but when I thought about this I came to the conclusion
that just one of (context-id) or (stating-id) was sufficient.

E.g. given a (stating-id), (contexts) can be created as RDF containers and
their contents can be the required collection of (stating-id).

Or, if (context-id) is used, then statements or groups of statements can be
isolated and referenced by placing them into separate (contexts).

At 15:05 18/12/03 +0100, Chris Bizer wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>we did some brainstorming about trust, context and the justification of
>query results and ended up with:
>- an extended RDF data model based on quintuples (a triple plus two
>additional elements: context and statement ID).
>- a trust-oriented query language for this data model
>- the concept of justification trees for tracking data provenance and data
>See: http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/trustcontextjustification/
>Our approach is much more data-oriented than the proof-oriented work of
>McGuinness and da Silva published at ISWC 2003 [1]. But we think for SemWeb
>applications which don't do heavy inferenceing such a approach could be
>Is somebody working on similar approaches?
>Do you know any other groups working on the topic?
>What do you think about extending the RDF model for capturing context?
>What do you think about the approach in general?
>We are looking forward to any feedback :-)
>Chris Bizer

Graham Klyne
For email: