Re: Trust, Context, Justification and Quintuples

Hi, Chris,

Nice to know your work. We are working on "Knowledge Provenance" to
determine the validity and origin of web information by means of modeling
and maintaining information source and dependency as well as trust
relationship.

We have 4 levels of KP models: Level 1 (Static KP) develops the fundamental
concepts for KP, and focuses on provenance of static and certain
information; Level 2 (Dynamic KP) considers how the validity of information
may change over time; Level 3 (Uncertain KP) considers uncertain truth value
and uncertain trust relations; Level 4 (Judgment-based KP) focuses on social
processes (including indirect trust relations) necessary to support
provenance.

The papers on Static KP and Dynamic KP can be found at:
http://www.eil.utoronto.ca/km/papers/fox-kp1.pdf
http://www.eil.utoronto.ca/km/papers/kp2-TR03.pdf

A paper on uncertain KP is in revision and will be available very soon.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Jingwei